Superfoods is a term used to describe nutrient-rich foods considered to be especially beneficial for health and well-being. These foods mainly plant bases and offer maximum nutritional benefits with minimal calories. They have high quantities of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that help in the fight against chronic diseases, reverse the ageing process and gives natural energy.
Sub-Zero Superfoods product review shows some ways Superfoods can be helpful: the likes of lowering blood pressure, helping in managing diabetes, improving digestion, helps in the maintenance of body weight, improves memory, strengthens your immune system and prevents cancer. Integrating these foods into our diet is a healthy habit that can benefit you and your family in the long run.
Here are some ways you can better incorporate these superfoods into your diet and add them to your family’s meals.
- Puree it: Changing the texture is an easy way to add superfoods to your diet. Pureed cauliflower or potato gives thickness and depth to soups, stews and casseroles. A puree of roasted vegetables makes a beautiful sauce for fish or chicken.
- Bake it: Pumpkin, carrot, walnut and berries are lovely ingredients in the process of making bread and muffins.
- Serve it raw: Some fruits such as grapes, tomatoes, cucumbers and celery are good options to eat while waiting for dinner as snacks. A mixture of fruits and vegetables make great toppings for seafood and chicken.
- Spice it up: Superfoods such as herbs, vinegar, and mustards can serve as spices to make your food come alive and keep it healthy.
- Hiring a chef to prepare your food: The experience of watching how a professional handle a particular superfood can help to open your eyes to new methods of preparing and enjoying it.
- Top it: Tomatoes, vegetables and nuts add lovely flavours to sandwiches and salads, yoghurt gains extra flavours when topped with crunchy whole-grain cereal and fresh fruit, and spinach is a beautiful addition to pizza that most people won’t notice under their favourite pie.
- Substitute it: Use yoghurt instead of oil in baked goods; spaghetti squash instead of pasta; sweet potatoes in place of white potatoes.
- Dip it: Fruits and vegetables are better with a low-fat dip. This is an option that resonates with both kids and adults.
- Shred or dice it: You can chop your superfood produce finely to disguise it in dips, salads or salsas.
- Be adventurous: You can subscribe to a healthy cooking magazine or invest in a healthy cookbook and experiment with recipes that may help to change your attitude towards more nourishing foods.
- Blend it: Smoothies are wonderful ways to make fruit and yoghurt into a cold, tasty snack or breakfast.
- Stir it in: soups, stews, meatloaf, omelettes, spaghetti sauce and chilli are great dishes in which to hide shredded, diced or pureed vegetables.
- Take the easy way: You can buy prepared vegetables that make it easy to include in meals or drink vegetable juice or smoothies instead of eating raw tomatoes.
There are many ways to incorporate superfood recipes into our daily diets and some other useful diets for us. Developing a healthy eating and living habit is one of the greatest gifts we can give ourselves and our loved ones.