Loose, dull, and sagging skin can make you look older than your actual age. This was treated through plastic surgery in the past decades. Currently, PDO thread lift is gaining traction since it is a non-invasive procedure.
Albuquerque, NM aesthetic medical spa offers PDO lift procedures that can instantly tighten your skin. This aids in minimizing your wrinkles and fine lines and improves the skin texture and elasticity.
What is a PDO thread lift?
A PDO (polydioxanone) thread lift is a non-surgical procedure that aims to lift loose, sagging, and aging skin. It also stimulates collagen production to give you a more youthful appearance.
Cosmetic specialists place a medical-grade dissolvable thread under the skin to lift it to its original position. These threads activate your body’s natural healing process, triggering an increase in collagen production.
Who is a good candidate for PDO thread lift?
A PDO thread lift is generally ideal if you:
- Have early signs of aging
- Are in your late 30s to early 50s
- Have realistic expectations from the procedure
- Do not want to undergo invasive cosmetic surgery
- Had a previous thread lift and want to refresh your results
PDO thread lift procedure
PDO thread lift is an outpatient procedure that usually takes around 15 to 30 minutes.
- PDO thread lift is a noninvasive procedure, so there is not much pre-procedure preparation required.
- However, you will be recommended to take some precautionary measures for optimal results. Avoid the following one to two days before the procedure:
- Steam and saunas
- High-impact workouts
- Vitamin E supplements
- You will be administered local anesthesia (a numbing agent) to ease discomfort during the procedure.
- Your doctor will use a hollow cannula or needle to place the PDO threads into the tissues beneath your skin’s surface.
- The type of thread used and the degree of skin lifting are determined by your doctor.
- You are likely to experience mild redness and bruising for the next 5 days that will gradually resolve.
- Avoid the following:
- Washing face for 24 hours
- Dental procedures for a week to avoid keeping your mouth for a prolonged period of time.
- Sleeping sideways for a week
- Using makeup for several days
What are the benefits of a PDO thread lift?
PDO thread lift can offer the following benefits:
- It is noninvasive thus no trauma to the surrounding structures
- Safe since it is FDA-approved
- Quick procedure
- If you don’t like the results, you can get the threads removed
- Collagen production naturally improves the skin’s elasticity
- Long-lasting results up to 2 to 3 years
PDO thread is a safe and effective procedure that uses dissolvable sutures or threads to rejuvenate and lift sagging skin.